Berkline Recliner Bonded Leather Fabric

In March 2009 my wife and I purchase 2 recliners from the Berkline outlet store in Morristown Tn.Both used the same fabric but were different styles.

In May 2010 we noticed the fabric was begining to crack where the material was bunched such as the arms of the chair. We drove from Knoxville to Morristown to the outlet store.

There we were told that there was nothing that could be done since the time had been more than a year.

We had bought all our furniture from them for more than 30 years with no complaints, however this incident has left us less than satisfied with Berkline employees and the Berkline Company.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 2 Yes 2 4 No 4
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Berkline Flunkie

Apr 12, 2011 #272976

I am a former employee of berkline and I would first like to apologize for the cheap materials used to make your furniture. Sun capitol made the decision to close our facility April 5th, otherwise i would take this to the president of our company Bob Rupert. I was nothing more than a sewing machine operator-and then some- but it is embarrasing to see the defective "leather" used. It is a man made "recycled" leather that we complained about ourselves in the manufacturing process. I truly wish there were something I could do to help you but unfortunately the years I spent with Berkline has rendered many of us jobless.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.