Berkline - Excellent

Purchased an ALL leather chair in March 1991 It just now needs repair I need the mechinisum that closes the recliner part It will open but have to get up and slam it shut called but out of business If anyone out there knows someone who can fix it please advise me at vet78@yahoo.com

{{Redacted}}

Review about: Berkline Recliner.

Reason of review: Good quality.

Original berkline

4.8
Style and Design

Four piece top of line top grain all over power berkline made in South Carolina bought long ago and have never touched it. $6k at a deal for the four pieces.

Not made overseas. No smells. Mechanically perfect. Foam has compressed a bit but we are large people.

You get what you pay for sometimes. Delivered by good ol’ Boys directly from South Carolina. Really soft beautiful leather. Even the back and sides.

That’s why the big money I guess. Sorry to hear the quality we bought is gone. Cheaper made in China won. Not for us.

Ours is the old brochure dark blue set pictured.

Back is 45” tall. New stuff is 43” and too short for us.

Review about: Theatre Seating Four Piece Sectional.

Reason of review: Good quality.

I liked: Old made in usa quality.

I didn't like: That they went out of business.

Berkline - Simple Review #1468179899

Schenectady, New York 0 comments
2.0
Style and Design

I have a l shaped sofa and my springs have popped numerous times. It's 3 years old and has worn significantly. Not happy feel like I'm sitting in a hole.

Review about: Model 6301981.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: Originally the couch.

I didn't like: How it has worn 2 springs snapped.

Berkline - Simple Review #1465825897

Islamorada, Florida 0 comments
2.0
Style and Design

Just bought a berkline recliner from Costco on Saturday. Within a few hours my small apartment had filled with fumes from it off gassing. Headach, nausea fatigue. Slurred speech.

Even with fans going and doors & windows open, it's bad.

Just moved my old sofa back in & put my expensive new recliner out on porch.

Nasty, poisonous.

I can't believe this!

Review about: Berkline Leather Recliner.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: Comfort.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Junk from Berkline Furniture

Ocala, Florida 1 comment

I have the same problem. Come to find out; they mixed some leather particles with polyurothane d sprayed the fabric and called it leather.

I bought my three piece et from Conway furniture, who are out of business....The love seat is damages and the couch...I called several people to try to have it fixed; there is no way to fix it. I called Ashley Furniture, who bought the Berkline name and she said there is nothing they can do. I called an upholsterer and he told me to scrap the stuff and buy new. The cost would be outrageous, to have it done.

Is there a class ation suit that you know of??? ANYONE??

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Berkline. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company Lazboy that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Berkline.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Furniture and Decor category for more informed decision or compare Berkline to other companies on our site.

Comments

They did a story about this on the news tonight and they said you could send your information because they are getting refunds for people

Berkline - Purchased a sofa & loveseat

Jersey City, New Jersey 0 comments

I purchased a beak line sofa and loveseat with five years warranty if the couch rip got a whole in it! Well the three year into the life of the loveseat the recliner part the foam inside roll up lo like a ball called the company.

Not cover because of normal wear and tear next the leather is cracking and slowly ripping a part!. Now of course it's normal wear and tear? So mad never again would I buy a warranty with sofa.

So Berkline shame on you for making a defective product and not taking responsibility for it! This doesn't having to a product that's only now four years old!

This reviewer shared experience about warranty issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Berkline. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Berkline - Purchased sofa and love seat 4 years ago and recliners on both do not stay down, can not find any one to fix them because can not get parts.

Des Moines, Iowa 0 comments

I purchased a reclining sofa and love seat from Homemakers in Des Moines, Ia about 4 years ago. The recliners will not stay down on both sofa and love seat and when I called Homemakers to come out and fix them they stated that Berkline has gone out of business and they are unable to get parts for them.

This is unacceptable, I gave over a $1000 for this set and they are not very old.

I have called every furniture repair place in this area and no one will touch it. I like the sofa and love seat, but it is irritating that the recliners do not stay down.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. noling967 stated that there is a room for improvement of customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of sofa chaise lounge and associated monetary loss in the amount of $1000. Berkline needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned sofa chaise lounge in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Berkline. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Lazboy.

Berkline - Comfortable, expensive, GARBAGE!!!!

Rochester, New York 0 comments
1.9
Style and Design

In 2009 my wife and I Looked for new living room furniture. Other than our Lay-Z-Boy recliner we purchased in 1994, which by the way is still in our home here in March 2015, we had never bought furniture for our living room that was above the economy line stuff.

We invested nearly every cent of our tax return at Raymour & Flannigan buying a Berkline Queen pull out sleeper sofa, a Chase & a 2 piece reclining loveseat. In the store it was solid, comfortable, bulky, thick memory foam pad. We had it delivered and the problems started when we set it up. We are just preparing to start our 7th year with this furniture and have had to reinstall the reclining springs on both loveseat sections nearly daily for 7 years- they pop off when closing, repair the seat bottom springs due to the cheap press in holders popping out about 50 + times, mend broken boards, re-staple and repair the fabric connection points due to tear away and cheaply made hold down tacking.

the memory foam has NO memory other than flat. The arm foam is like a cheap pillow that just flops on the wood ends, so you are always hitting your elbows, you sink half way to the floor due to quickly weakening seat springs. The couch is the most uncomfortable piece of furniture, you feel like you are being pushed onto the floor when you sit in it. This is showroom furniture ONLY.

Comfortable for the few that use it, stable on a concrete surface and luxurious initially to sit in. Really it's just cheap "Ashley" furniture with a thicker cheap padding that tricks you into thinking you are buying high quality. Really you bought thicker padded economy furniture at Top end prices. We will never buy Berkline again.

Hey guess what?

I just put my feet down and the recliner knob broke off and shot out the side of the Loveseat! Great!!!!!

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $2906. The author is overall dissatisfied with Berkline. The most disappointing about berkline recliner from Berkline was durability and price , but reviewer liked initial comfort and design. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Berkline - Couch Review from Hanmer, Ontario

Hanmer, Ontario 0 comments

bought the couch and loveseat and should have returned it immediately! cushions were never positioned properly and look at how the material has worn with minimal use from 2 adults no children no pets

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of couch from Berkline and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Berkline to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Berkline for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Berkline sofa defective

Palmer, Massachusetts 0 comments

My Berkline sofa's springs keep popping out and will not stay in place. The sofa is now sagging.

Pieroway's in West Springfield, MA told me I was buying a quality American-made product with a lifetime warranty on the mechanism. Now they say Berkline is out of business and they are not responsible. What ever happened to standing by your product? I am now stuck with a poorly-made sofa and love seat, both of which have the springs popping out of place.

Pieroway's tried to fix this problem twice, but then said that was it and they will no longer service it under the original warranty.

Review about: Sofa.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.